Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Morning Commute


            Please forgive me, dear readers, for my absence in postings.  I have recently joined the ranks of the commuters having secured a new position in Cambridge, MA.  It’s a challenge rising at 5:00 am in order to catch the train.  However, I love the city and being surrounded by the buildings as I ride in on the commuter rail.  The day starts early as I watch the sun rise from the train.  The very first ride to work, I watched the sky change color slowly as a mist hovered over a field and nestled gently between the trees.  The foliage was spotlighted as the sun rose.  It was lovely.  I wish I had a proper camera to capture this image as I flew by on the train. 

        Getting adjusted to this time change has been the biggest challenge for me.  I have never been a morning person.  Now I watch the sky gently let go of the night like it is releasing a warm hug.  It’s twilight, a time I used to sleep through but now I get to enjoy its beauty daily.  As I write the sky is turning pink as the sun begins to rise.

        I truly enjoy the ride in and always smile at the gorgeous Boston skyline glowing in the sunlight.  As I cross into Cambridge, I take in the scene off the red line. There are still sailboats out on the Charles, the Pru stands tall and glistening and the architecture of the bridge close to the TD Center is a stunning addition to the city’s beauty.  Boston is the city I grew up in and went to college in.  It will always have a place etched in my heart.  As lovely as Rhode Island is and as am happy as I am to live there, Boston will always own a small piece of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your feedback is appreciated.