Monday, October 6, 2014

Flu Bug


     I’ve spent the majority of a week sick with flu-like symptoms after getting the flu shot.  It’s been a less than enjoyable experience as I lay in my bed with chills, fever, cough and congestion.  This particular bug causes a great deal of phlegm to build up.  The coughing has been monumental and continuous.  It’s been an incredibly uncomfortable week. 



     It has made me wonder how many people this happens to. I posed this question to a variety of local people and found the results interesting. I’ve heard from people that have a genuine fear of the flu shot.  One woman stated that she refused to receive one after her mother had one many years ago, developed phenomena and died within weeks. Others stated they felt the government was using us as test subjects against our knowledge.  There are those who believed the shot included a live version of the virus, some believed it was dead and others weren’t sure. 


     I’ve done a bit of research on flu symptoms and vaccines online and found official information on the CDC as well as medical websites and magazines.  I found that the information listed by Harvard Medical School to be the easiest one to follow.  The link is http://www.health.harvard.edu/flu-resource-center/10-flu-myths.htm for those of you that would like to read more. 
  
     I’m beginning to bounce back to complete health. While the cough is still lingering the other symptoms have gone.  I fell behind in so many things and truly miss going to my favorite workout class early in the mornings.  It’s going to take time for me to catch up, but I’m sure I’ll be back on track by the end of this new week.  I plan on increasing my writing time as well so be sure to keep an eye open for additional posts to Tales of a Little City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your feedback is appreciated.