Monday, November 3, 2014

Proud Feminist


       This entry is overdue, as I must give credit to Emma Watson on her moving and poignant speech at the UN on gender equality in September.  Her involvement in the HeForShe Campaign highlights my discussion on this matter in a previous entry in Tales of a Little City titled A Woman’s Place posted on September 2, 2014.  I am proud to see a strong young woman give a voice to the Feminist movement.

        I think the fact that a young intelligent woman as Watson is aware and open to speaking up says a great deal about her character.  It was wonderful to read the outpouring of support from others, both male and female, to her speech.  Instead of repeating all she stated, I am happy to provide the link to her speech from the official United Nations youtube site. Watch her, applaud her efforts and pray that things actually change.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your feedback is appreciated.