Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Seasonal Zen


             It’s mid-August and the weather has begun to cool early this year.  Already we can feel the quick kiss of fall in the air.  The last days of summer are upon us.  I’m determined to make the most of each day and make sure I spend as much time outside as I can and take in the beauty of the area.

            Summer in New England is filled with humidity, heat and sunshine.  It is also notoriously short.  As a former Californian, I was used to summer year round.  Truly, sunshine brings me more joy than anyone can imagine. The weather on the east coast tends to stay cooler longer and the winters are horrendously cold.  One should never take our weather or surroundings for granted.  I know that we all are guilty of this minor crime.  However, when the seasons change each of us celebrate in our own way.

            I wanted to reflect on the beauty of my current surroundings.  Rhode Island is a splendid area with so many majestic sights that I need to take a step back and review them.  This is not only a nod to the season, but to find a bit of peace and joy.  I have taken all of the photos in this blog.  Most are in my little city and all are in Rhode Island.  It’s this bit of seasonal zen I want to share with all of you.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your feedback is appreciated.