Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Year, New Goals


        Happy 2015 everyone! While the new year has been in full swing for the past 2 weeks, I’ve been spending a great deal of time fighting off another head cold.  This has caused me to delay my writing.  I know, I know, I need a strict editor with a deadline.  I’ll do my best to make up for this delay.

As with most of us, I am greeting 2015 with a new outlook and a distinct group of goals that may look familiar.  First off, I plan to focus on my health and fitness.  While it may take a bit of time, this begins with getting rid of this cold 100%.  A leaky face isn’t a pretty thing.

My goal for 2015 is to be my physical best.  This isn’t the same thing as loosing a certain of weight (although, I do admit that is part of it).  I want to continue with my Pilates and boot camp routines adjusting them as my teachers changed venues.  Of course, my schedule has changed as well.  Now that I am a commuter, it’s more difficult to get in the groove of things.  I get very tired and am still in the process of adjusting to this time change.  However, I won’t let this prevent me from doing these fabulous physical activities. 

Second, I’d like to explore more and travel is a big new focus for me. Part of my plan is to save funds to travel by curtailing my usual foot ware purchases. Yes, I love shoes and have a tendency to own more than my fair share of them. I have an addiction to John Fluevog kicks and I won’t give that up!  However, I don’t need to own so many shoes and wear them infrequently.  I’d rather wear the ones I currently own and travel with them.  Better to have my shoes walk on new streets than stay in boxes in the closet.

Third, I plan on writing frequently and hopefully creating valuable essays worthy of a reader’s attention.  Only you can all tell me if I accomplish that goal, so I will check in with you all at the end of the year for a wrap up.  Hopefully, some of you will post a remark or two on this blog. 

Meanwhile, tell me what your goals are for 2015. I’d love to hear what everyone is plotting and planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your feedback is appreciated.