Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Modern Oracle


            In ancient times, people from all walks of life would gather to make inquiries of the Oracle of Delphi in Greece.  The Pythia, a priestess of Apollo, would answer a variety of questions, making predictions about the future as well as revealing details from the present and the past.  Although the Oracle was officially closed in the 4th Century A.D. with the rise of Christianity, we still have a modern version of an Oracle today.  These are known as psychics. 

            To me it isn’t far fetched that some people are blessed with unique gifts.  Spiritual teachers have been a part of humanity since the beginning of time whether they were associated with a religion or not.  While there are many skeptics, there are also many believers.  Those of us who believe accept that some people can communicate with the dead and see into the possible future.  Many have found a level of fame doing this such as John Edward, Theresa Caputo, and James Van Praagh. They are sought out to provide insight and guidance.

            This past weekend I spent time with two friends who have this special gift.  We had a great time - a group of women, enjoying beverages, pizza, and a treat or two.  They decided it would be fun to read tarot cards as part of the evening’s activities.  I enjoyed my reading experience as the woman who read me picked up on several things currently happening in my life.  Since she isn’t a close friend, I know that she wasn’t aware of my circumstances previously. While I look toward the advice given as a guide, I don’t expect everything to occur exactly as she predicted.  Spiritual guidance isn’t an exact science.  Circumstances change every day. 


            I know that I have many positive things ahead of me, mostly because I am working to make them happen.  I have the support of family, friends, and work associates to help manifest it all.  I believe in myself just as much as I believe in my friend’s gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your feedback is appreciated.